To assess the potential environmental impact of an industrial plant, EIA needs to be carried out, and the industrial plants that do not have EIA should be warned .
Eventually, soil pollution will cause harm and, sometimes, even the destruction of microorganisms, which can have the dramatic effect of killing the first layers of the primary food chain.
16. The number and quality of the green areas and parks should be increased for fresh and healthy air.
Now that we have identified the main causes of environmental pollution , let us study the negative effects it has:
On top of that, environmental pollution has been proven to be a major factor in the development of cancer. This can happen, for example, when we eat reminiscences of pollutants used in the production of processed foods or pesticides from the crops. Other rarer diseases include hepatitis, typhoid affections, diarrhea, and hormonal disruptions.
Wind power is also coming into play. Solar power and wind turbine power are both powerful forces against radioactive power and fossil fuel power.
Environmental Impact of the Aviation Industry
Let us first take a look at the causes of environmental pollution:
How Chemical Fertilizers Cause Water Pollution?
Indeed, humans came across a long way from horse carriages to cars, trains , and airplanes. As traffic is increasing every day , pollution follows that evolution.
11. For prevention of the visual pollution, enough green areas and parks should be built , the municipality should collect the wastes in an organized way, and the use of commercial boards and other billboards should be regulated and controlled.
In short, environmental pollution, almost exclusively created by human activities, has a negative effect on the ecosystem, destroying crucial layers of it and causing an even more negative effect on the upper layers.
17. The mass media, including print and electronic media and the internet, is the main source of information about environmental issues. These should, therefore, be used more intensively to facilitate the transmission of environmental information and promote more positive environmental attitudes .
However, by keeping these forms of life away, the harm is almost always made to the surrounding environment as well.
The world is working on reducing the emission of hazardous gases from vehicles causing air pollution constantly in a variety of ways such as car emission control, electric and hybrid vehicles and public transportation systems, and in the future, we can manage to reduce emissions profoundly.
Following that, when people settle in, they will produce waste every day, including a part that cannot be processed by the environment without any harm yet.
Wildlife and plants are driven away and replaced by human constructions. As it requires the work of industries, construction itself is also a source of contamination of the environment.
4. Now, as solar radiation is at a climatic peak, solar power is a fantastic solution . We can reap power from the sun using solar panel systems and provide energy from home systems to large scale systems powering entire communities and cities.
14. Nowadays radiation is a serious issue and the ecological cost of radioactive power plants has become more evident than before. Nuclear testing and radioactive leakage from power plants have contaminated oceanic life to such a level that it will take hundreds of years to return to normal. But more radiation solutions are in progress with the advancement of various ecologically friendly power technologies every day.
2. Shifting to eco-friendly transportation such as electric vehicles and hydrogen vehicles and promoting shared mobility could reduce air pollution significantly.
8. The wastewater recycling project should be exercised , and a recycling center should be built to reduce water pollution.
21. Finally, in order to produce effective solutions for environmental problems, a national approach towards the problems is crucial.
Industries have been polluting our environment, especially since the beginning of the industrial revolution, as mentioned above, notably due to the increasing use of fossil fuels . In the 19th century and for a significant part of the 20th century, coal has been used to make machines work faster, replacing human force.
7. Storage facilities for solid wastes should be built in the city. The necessary actions need be taken to integrate the solid waste storage facility that is very close to the city, and to nature.
Though pollution by industries mainly causes air pollution, soil and water contamination can also occur. This is particularly the case for power-generating industries, such as plants producing electricity .
Ever since men abandoned animal power to travel, pollution of the environment has become higher and higher. Its levels have only been increasing until now. Similarly to industries, pollution caused by transport can mainly be attributed to fossil fuels .
Furthermore, as agriculture gets more and more intensive to feed the increasing world population , more environments and ecosystems are destroyed to make space for the crops. Some of them, like rapeseed –used to make oil – demand a lot of space for a relatively small output.
Pollution must be taken seriously, as it has a negative effect on natural elements that are an absolute need for life to exist on earth, such as water and air. Indeed, without it, or if they were present in different quantities, animals – including humans – and plants could not survive. We can identify several types of pollution on Earth: air pollution , water pollution and soil pollution .
5. Industry plays a vital role in the progress of societies. At the same time, what are the main causes of environmental pollutio it exhausts the natural raw resources and produces pollution. This has created an environmental imbalance.
9. Environmentally friendly products should be made cheaper to encourage people to use them, and people should know the long term advantage of using these products nationwide.
How Does Recycling Help Reduce Pollution?
Trading activities include the production and exchange of goods and services. As regards goods, pollution can be caused by packaging or transport, mainly.
6. Green building can help solve environmental problems to an extent. From planning to demolition, the objective of green building is to create environmentally responsible and resource-efficient structures to reduce their carbon footprint.
In other words, pollution takes place when nature does not know how to decompose an element that has been brought to it in an unnatural way.
Environmental pollution is an incurable disease. It can only be prevented.
10. Protecting soil, air and water quality should be a fundamental goal of national environmental policy. The national land use and conservation policies need to be developed to reduce the misuse of productive agricultural land, and the uncontrolled and disorganized urbanization.
About Rinkesh A true environmentalist by heart ❤️. Founded Conserve Energy Future with the sole motto of providing helpful information related to our rapidly depleting environment. Unless you strongly believe in Elon Musk‘s idea of making Mars as another habitable planet, do remember that there really is no ‘Planet B’ in this whole universe.
19. The top-level politicians, executives, administrators and all the other entrepreneurs should also be educated about the environment. One of the basic properties of environmental education is the need for a close relationship between the inter-discipline and inter-professions.
Also, the transportation of this energy can be harmful to the environment . We can take as an example of the transportation of petrol through pipelines; if there is a leak in the pipeline, the soil will automatically be polluted .
Menu Energy Articles Solar Wind Geothermal Hydro Power Nuclear Recycling Ecosystem Animals Natural Disaster News Pollution Global Warming Fossil Fuels Green Living Natural Living Reviews Gardening Hydroponics Flowers What is Environmental Pollution? Environmental pollution has existed for centuries but only started to be significant following the industrial revolution in the 19th century. Pollution occurs when the natural environment cannot destroy an element without creating harm or damage to itself.
Finally, residential areas provide their fair share of pollution as well. First, to be able to build homes , the natural environment has to be destroyed in one way or another.
Agriculture is mainly responsible for the contamination of water and soil. This is caused by the increased use of pesticides, as well as by the intensive character of its production. Almost all pesticides are made from chemical substances and are meant to keep diseases and threatening animals away from the crops.
At the same time, if the tanker transporting petrol from its production plant to the place where it will be consumed leaks or sinks, the water will get contaminated.
Causes, Effects and Wonderful Solutions what are the main causes of environmental pollutio to Environmental Pollution
18. As the environment has been advancing rapidly, environmental education has a very strategic and important role in preparing people to solve global environmental problems. Environmental issues should be included in the national education syllables to have well-educated and concerned people about environmental issues. The integration of environmental education in present classes and programs is necessary, helpful, and mandatory.
The effects of environmental pollution on humans are mainly physical, but can also turn into neuro-affections in the long term. The best-known troubles to us are respiratory, in the form of allergies, asthma, irritation of the eyes and nasal passages, or other forms of respiratory infections. Notably, these well-spread affections can be observed when air pollution is high in cities, when the weather gets hot, for instance.
Nitrogen and phosphates in water will cause the overgrowth of toxic algae, preventing other forms of life to follow their normal course.
3. Basic solutions for air pollution must involve moving away from fossil fuels , replacing them with sustainable renewables like solar, geothermal, and wind and producing clean energy. The world is phasing out coal.
15. While sanctioning urban land-use, the landscape architects should be engaged by the municipality. The planning authorities should include ecological factors in planning to provide a healthy and clean environment .
13. We also need to work on electromagnetic radiation reduction . Realizing the blatant potential for huge ER emissions directly in brains and eyes of users, major manufacturers of computers and electronic devices have started to implement hardware protocols to reduce risks and minimize ER production significantly. While producing the newer devices, they are aiming to knock this problem out, and, fortunately, this is working.
Environmental pollution mainly affects animals by causing harm to their living environment, making it toxic for them to live in. Acid rains can change the composition of rivers and seas, making them toxic for fishes; an essential quantity of ozone in the lower parts of the atmosphere can cause lung problems to all animals.
1. Environmental planning should be considered as a base stone for developmental planning. Hence, before starting any project, a study to evaluate the environmental impacts has to be conducted.
20. Local administrations should be concerned about educating the local people by providing the means to make them understand the importance of environmental problems.
As for animals, plants, and especially trees, can be destroyed by acid rains , ozone in the lower atmosphere block the plant respiration, and harmful pollutants can be absorbed from the water or soil.
The elements involved are not produced by nature, and the destroying process can vary from a few days to thousands of years .
12. To prevent noise pollution, the open markets, bazaars, recreation and amusement facilities, schools and parks inside the city should be surrounded by trees and other plants. The industrial areas and plants should also be surrounded by green areas. what are the causes of environmental pollution pdf